WELCOME !!


CHOOSE A CATEGORY:






NEED FREE PHOTOS FOR YOUR MODELS, WEBSITE, BLOG OR DESIGNS?




Wednesday, November 16, 2011

IMPATIENS DEMO

Contemporary Art

Oil Painting Lessons/Demos
by Beatriz Socorro



Original Oil Painting on Canvas by Beatriz Socorro - 30x40 cm


As I have mentioned before, some of the photos vary in color depending on the time of day or whether I have photographed them indoors or outdoors. The true colors are the ones you can see on the above photo (the finished painting).


STEP 1

If this is your first visit, please go to OIL PAINTING LESSONS and read: "Art Notes" and "Oil Painting Tips" and be sure to read through at least the first 3 demos (preferably the first six).

There is information in the previous demos that I don´t repeat in the subsequent demos.

To see the photo that I used as a model for this painting, go to: Flowers A1


After transferring the sketch to your canvas, fill in the flowers and leaves.

Since I am not applying an underpainting ,I started with the pre-mixed medium: Layer 2.

Flowers: "Hot Pink" is a color that I don´t have. So for the petals, I mixed: 
Grumbacher Red + Carmin + White.

White Stripes: White + barely pinch of the same pink mixture you used on the petals.

Leaves: Mix Ultramarine + Lemon Yellow + a pinch of White.

Background: Mix on your palette different shades of Viridian Green + White 

and then fill in your background.

ALLOW TO DRY WELL TO THE TOUCH.




Oil Painting Lessons/Demos - STEP 1

STEP 2

Remember to add to your paint the appropriate medium for each layer.

Highlights: Once your painting is dry, use White + a pinch of the same pink mixture used on the petals and add the highlights as shown on the following photo:


Oil Painting Lessons/Demos - STEP 2a

and then gently and softly scrumble....only in those areas that you wish to lighten up.

Shadows: If you see that you need to deepen some areas follow the same procedure with a deeper shade of the same pink.

Veins and Buds: Mix a lighter shade of  Ultramarine + Lemon Yellow and paint the veins on the leaves. Also fill in the buds.

Don´t be a slob and do what I did. There´s  a saying in spanish: The lazy man works twice as hard. Trust me, it is very true.

Do the veins carefully the first time and you won´t have to work twice as hard like me.

If you enlarge the picture below,  you will see what a sloppy job I did on the veins.

 So, I had to mix some green and go along all of the edges....  :(


Oil Painting Lessons/Demos - STEP 2b

ALLOW TO DRY


STEP 3:

Using the same colors as before, add more highlights and shadows wherever you feel they are necessary and finally add the pistils. 

As I have mentioned before, some of the photos vary in color depending on the time of day or whether I have photographed them indoors or outdoors. The true colors are the ones you can see on the first photo, which is the finished painting.

CONGRATULATIONS....You´re done!!!

I hope you enjoyed it! God bless!






No comments:

BREATHTAKING...

A MUST WATCH !!! I would call this human art... 2014 Nanjing Youth Olympic